Monday, January 26, 2009

Holiday Catch Up!

I love cookie cakes!!!

Amy, Terran, Me, and Jaimi

Jackson and I in front of the Happy Birthday sign he put up for me!


The girls with Jayden at Cheesecake Factory



Wow it has been a long time since I've blogged! I think the holidays got to me and I found myself busier than I expected. I guess I'll start with November and catch everyone up til the present. My birthday was the first week of November and Jaimi come down to visit with Jayden. We traveled to Abilene for a day to visit and then came back to celebrate my birthday with Terran, and Amy (who came down from Kansas). We had a blast going out to eat and shopping! It was a little different this time since we has a 15 month old with us but we managed to still get our shopping on. :)
Thanksgiving was uneventful because I was scheduled to work, but was fortunate to get cancelled which means I didn't have to go in but I was on call if they needed me. So my poor husband had to settle for Boston Market mashed potatoes and stuffing since I wasn't planning on being home and making anything. It wasn't to bad because my Mom and Tom came into town that weekend and we made our own Thanksgiving dinner. We also filled our holiday tradition by going up to the attic and getting down all the Christmas decor and putting up the tree. I like doing it right after Thanksgiving that way I can get my whole month in of looking at all my pretty decorations. I love Christmas time and everything that it brings, well maybe not the shopping traffic or poor drivers, but you know what I mean.

Jackson and I were blessed to have Christmas off from work, so we went to Edmond, OK to visit with our families. We were able to do the four Christmas's bit where we had hopped from one family members house to the next. We really did have a wonderful time with each and everyone of them. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and I just wanted to tell people how much they meant to us. We came back to Dallas after what we felt was a short week in Oklahoma to more work. I worked til 7pm on New Years Eve then we went over to one of our friends house to eat a delicious dinner they had prepared for us and play games with them and some other friends from our life group. It was a wonderful way to bring in the new year.

This month we have just been trying to adjust from the post holiday rush and settle back into our normal lives. We are getting back to our life group every Tuesday, which we love getting together with our friends and learning more about ourselves and God. We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in the first week of March to see Jackson's family and have a mini vacation. That is it for now. Here are some of the pictures from the holiday!





No comments: